Hot Guide & Tips
Click to Get
2 Methods to Play Flash on Surface RT
Since its release in summer this year, Surface RT is viewed as the major competitor of iPad 3 in tablet market. As the first tablet produced by the software tycoon, Microsoft Surface RT sports a 10.6-inch touch screen running at "1366x768", quad-core Tegra 3 processor, 32GB built-in memory, Windows RT system, 1.2-megapixel front facer and long-lasting battery. Therefore, though tablet market is dominated by Android tablets like Google Nexus 7 and iPad tablets at present, Surface RT is promising to be a new winner in the market.
"How can I play Flash on Surface RT?" Theoretically, users shall gain no trouble in playing Flash movie on Surface RT after IE 10 has added support to Adobe Flash Player. However, this is not the case here. In fact, Microsoft has made enjoying SWF files with Surface RT freely a tough task. For one thing, Microsoft Surface RT is reluctant to add full support to the vulnerable Adobe Flash Player; for another, Microsoft only allows users to enjoy Flash contents on trusted websites with Surface RT. Therefore, for users who want to play Flash SWF existing on those websites failing to win the trust from Microsoft on Surface RT, they need to figure out other ways.
Actually there are at least two ways to help users view SWF files with Surface RT without Adobe Flash Player involved. One is to install Adobe Flash alternative on Microsoft Surface RT and the other is to convert Flash SWF content for Surface RT. Therefore, both methods on playing Flash on Surface RT will be covered here.
Method One: Install Silverlight on Surface RT
As early as in 2007, Microsoft had decided to work on an application that can function equally the same as Adobe Flash Player called Silverlight. Designed as an Adobe Flash alternative, Silverlight enables users to play almost all Flash SWF files (both online and local) on Surface RT. Moreover, as a Microsoft product, Silverlight can not only fully support Surface RT but also perfectly match with Surface tablet. However, this solution to play Flash SWF on Surface RT may not work flawlessly.
In fact, as an immature program, there are too many defects in Silverlight. Besides that, the software giant's decision to abandon Silverlight in IE 10 has hinted that the program won't do better in helping users to watch Flash with Surface RT than Adobe Flash does. As a consequence, other methods to enjoy Flash SWF with Surface tablet running Windows RT are desired.
Method Two: Convert SWF for Surface
Another feasible way to enjoy Flash with Surface RT is to convert Flash SWF for Surface RT. However, the conversion only works when users have acquired a powerful Flash for Surface RT converter. To this extent, Windows users can refer to Moyea SWF to MP4 Converter to convert Flash movie to Surface RT file while Mac users to SWF Converter Mac.
Step 1: Download and launch Moyea SWF to MP4 Converter, a professional tool designed to convert Flash SWF to Surface RT video.
Step 2: Open the converter, click "Brower" button to import local Flash SWF files or online Flash movies for conversion. To import local Flash files, choose "From Folder" option in the drop-down menu. To import online Flash files, choose "Grab SWF" option in the drop-down menu. Then download online Flash movie with Free Flash Downloader.
Step 3: Set output video. To make sure users can play converted SWF on Surface RT freely, one is required to convert Flash file to MP4 video. Therefore, click "Export" tab, check "Video" box and then set the output video as MP4 movie for Microsoft Surface tablet in the drop-down menu of "Style".
Step 4: Specify output file. Click Settings button in Export tab to enter into Profile panel where various parameters are provided. Then convert the Flash SWF to a decent Surface RT file with those parameters. For example, set video size as "1366x768", audio codec as "AAC" and video codec as "H.264" for Surface tablet.
Step 5: Start the conversion. After all those steps, click "Convert" button to enter into corresponding panel. Then start the conversion process from Flash movie to Surface RT video with "Play and Capture" and "Finish" buttons. As the conversion ends, one can play Flash on Surface RT freely.
- Convert Flash SWF on iPad
- Convert Flash SWF on iPod
- Convert Flash SWF on Apple TV
- Convert Flash SWF on iPhone
- Convert Flash SWF on PSP
- Convert Flash SWF on Zune
- Play Flash SWF on iPad 2
- 3 Ways to Play Flash SWF on iPhone 3GS
- 3 Methods to Play Flash SWF on iPhone 4
- 3 Ways to Play Flash SWF on iPhone 5
- 4 Methods to Play Flash SWF on iPod touch
- Play Flash SWF on Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Play Flash SWF on Samsung Galaxy S2
- How to Play Flash SWF Files on Android Devices
- How to Play Flash SWF Files on iOS Device
- How to Play Flash SWF Files on HTC Titan
- How to Play Flash Animations on Nook Tablet & Nook Color
- How to Play Flash Animations on Wii
- How to Play Flash SWF Files on Motorola Xoom 2
- Play Christmas Flash Ecard SWF Files on Kindle Fire
- Play Flash SWF on Google Android 4.0
- How to play Flash SWF on Nokia Lumia 900
- How to Play Flash SWF Files on iPad 3
- How to Play Flash SWF on HTC Ville and HTC Edge
- How to Play Flash SWF Files on The new iPad
- How to Play Flash SWF on BlackBerry Bold Series Smartphones
- How to Play Flash on iPad Mini
- How to Play Flash on Samsung Galaxy S3
- How to Play Flash on Google Nexus 7
- How to Record 2012 Olympic Events as Flash for HTC One X
- Flash on Galaxy Note 2 - How to Play SWF on Galaxy Note 2
- How to Play Flash on Kindle Fire HD
- Flash for Optimus G - Play SWF on LG Optimus G
- 2 Methods to Play Flash on Acer Iconia Tab 110
- Flash for Galaxy S3 Mini - Play Flash on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
- 2 Methods to Play Flash on Asus PadFone 2
- SWF to J Butterfly - Play Flash on HTC J Butterfly
- SWF to Xperia T - Play Flash on Sony Xperia T
- SWF for Nexus 4 - Play Flash on LG Nexus 4
- 2 Methods to Play Flash on Surface RT
- Flash for iPad - Play SWF on iPad 4
- SWF for Nexus 10 - Play Flash on Google Nexus 10
- Flash for VivoTab RT - Play SWF on Asus VivoTab RT
- Flash for Venice - Play SWF on LG Venice
- Flash for Droid DNA - Play SWF on HTC Droid DNA
- Flash for Lumia 920 - Play SWF on Nokia Lumia 920
- Flash for lumia 822 - Play SWF on Nokia Lumia 822
- How to Play Flash Movie on LG Mach
- How to Play Flash on Lumia 620
- How to Play Flash on Huawei Ascend D1
- How to Play Flash on ZTE Nubia Z5
- How to Play Flash on Huawei Ascend Mate
- Flash to Xperia ZL - Play Flash on Sony Xperia ZL
- Flash to Xperia Tablet Z - Play Flash on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
- How to Play Flash on HTC One
- 3 Methods to Play Flash on Asus FonePad